Manufacture and installation of effective fly screens for french doors, sliding, bi-fold doors and large openings has been a difficult problem to solve. However, a marriage of old and new materials mean that reliable and robust fly screens for doors of all sizes is not only possible, we are taking orders right now!
Even our four legged friends love a Flexiscreen, check out Rio and Marvin in this footage.
Flexiscreens door insect screens have tiny magnets inserted down the centre so you can exit and enter your space with ease. The fly screen can cover large openings, such as ranch-sliders, French doors and veranda enclosures. These magnetic closure fly screens for doors provides easy passage and result in an insect screen that automatically closes behind you. Magnetic closure fly screens are custom manufactured from high-quality components. Easy-to-follow instructions make installation of your DIY magnetic fly screens a straightforward project with terrific long terms benefits.
Large Opening Door Magnetic Screen
- Flexiscreens fly screens for doors that you can walk through and will close automatically behind you no matter what side you enter from. We use high gauss magnets that ensure closure every time aswell as providing easy access and resistance to moderate winds (we found Velcro fasteners for the access point unsuitable as it snags clothing.)
- The tiny magnets we use are coated and do not corrode like the cheap ferrite magnets.
- We make to your exact measurements this results in a tailor made door screen that fits snug, looks neat and tight. Say goodbye to baggy looking screens that don’t fit properly and look messy.
- The Body of the Flexiscreen consists of two panels of mesh which are sewn together at the top with an overlap of only 13mm, this gives more head space. It is anchored to the top of the door frame by 25mm width Velcro brand fastener and 13mm width for the sides of the door frame, the access point operates by tiny magnets making it user friendly and functional for both pets and humans.
- The bottom of the door screen has an extra 13mm trim added to ensure the screen just sweeps the floor reducing entry of unwanted insects, it also compensates for any doors that may be out of square. This extra trim can be cut off should it not be required.
- Our magnetic door screens are suitable for any door size or large opening, custom made to your requirements and not to be confused with the cheap, mass produced versions that are flooding the market.and last only weeks.
- Manufactured using high quality components, carefully selected to provide long life and ease of use.
- If you require insect screens for a bi-fold or sliding door, veranda enclosure, servery hatch or need any thoroughfare screened, then request a quote now.
- We can supply you with a price for a magnetic door screen within 24 hrs which equates to you having your Flexiscreen installed and operating in no time at all, we are proud of our fast turnaround and high quality product.
- The screen material is PVC coated fiberglass mesh which is tough and durable (Not cheap netting that will rot in no time), charcoal in colour.
- You have a choice of 4 trim colours to match your frame (fire retardant and UV stable) and Velcro brand fastener (black or white only) to anchor the magnetic door insect screen to your frame.
- We use a black trim for the centre magnetic overlap, we find that it makes the opening less obvious matching the mesh.
- High gauss magnets are inserted down the centre opening at 100 mm intervals (28 pairs for an average door height) this ensures automatic closure every time.
- The magnets withstand moderate winds too, high km winds are a challenge but then so would having your door open in such conditions.
- Ideal for pets, children, even adults with their hands full.
- Easy install in minutes (install instructions supplied) and virtually invisible.
- The body of the fly screen is fixed to the top with 25mm width Velcro brand fastener and to the sides by 13mm width Velcro brand fasteners ensuring strong anchorage (not by thumb tacks and small pieces of cheap generic hook and loop.)
- When measuring, you need to decide where you will attach your door screen. Remember that you need a 25mm lip for the top anchor and a 13mm lip for each vertical side. You supply open measurements and we will add on for the Velcro allowance. Don’t forget too that it can stick on the reveal of your frame if you are short of frame on the face.
- The magnetic opening is placed down the centre of the screen unless you require it to be offset, if this is the case just mention where you would like it to be positioned when ordering.
- Each screen has one opening only, additional slits can be added if your screen is extra large allowing more access points, there is a charge of $90 for each additional slit.
- Flexiscreens are long lasting, this equates to reduced landfill in turn caring for our environment.
- Have a look at the first block of photos, you will see a magnetic door fly screen for both a large and small door, the other photos are close ups of the screens components ie magnets and Velcro fasteners.
- To view the gallery below click on an image, move the cursor to the right of the photo and click to select new images or move to the left of the image and click to re visit images.
- To request a quote please visit our order page.